Welcome Dr. Trew Stransky and Dr. Kim Alt to the Rockford community! This new dynamic duo of pediatricians is excited to open their new office – Rockford Pediatrics – in July of 2017. If you’d like to learn a little more about the doctors, check out the quick Q & A with them below.
If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment at Rockford Pediatrics, call 616-259-6100. Their team is already scheduling into the summer and they would love the opportunity to get to know your family!
How long have you been practicing medicine?
- Dr. Stransky: 13 years
- Dr. Alt: 7 years
What made you decide to become a pediatrician?
- Dr. Stransky: I have always loved kids and enjoy taking care of them. I also enjoy the teaching component of being a pediatrician.
- Dr. Alt: I always wanted to be a doctor and I've also always enjoyed being around kids. I found a good way to bring both of those together in pediatrics. I realized while on other rotations during medical school that they couldn't compare to my time in pediatrics.
What are some of the most common conditions you treat?
- Dr. Stransky: Asthma, allergies, ADHD, obesity, ear infections, upper respiratory infections, sports injuries
- Dr. Alt: Newborn care, asthma, eczema, allergies, headaches, anxiety, ADHD
What about the Rockford community are you most excited about?
- Dr. Stransky: I love the Rockford area. I run the White Pine Trail almost every week. Our team is very exciting about integrating into the community!
- Dr. Alt: I love the small town feel and the strong sense of community that Rockford offers
Favorite spot in Rockford?
- Dr. Stransky: The Rogue River. I love kayaking it and also love the quaint downtown.
- Dr. Alt: The Corner Bar
Best piece of advice for a new parent?
- Dr. Stransky: Try not to stress! You are not alone. As pediatricians we are here to make sure your baby thrives and answer all your questions.
- Dr. Alt: Babies are made to survive new parents and the vast majority of parenting is common sense. You can do it!
Number one thing you would want a new patient to know about Rockford Pediatrics?
- Dr. Stransky: You will get high quality care with a personal touch. We treat kids like they were our own.
- Dr. Alt: We will treat your children as if they were our own, and we are available day or night -- contact our office whenever you need us.
Catch phrase you are most well-known for, or something you say often when seeing patients?
- Dr. Stransky: "Control the controllable!" I love this quote because it is so true. Much of life is out of our control so we must remember to focus on the controllable.
- Dr. Alt: "You're doing a great job!" As parents you don't often get positive feedback and sometimes it's nice to hear that your child is growing up and being raised beautifully!
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Stransky or Dr. Alt, find us online or call 616-259-6100!